Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Iligan City, the City of Majestic Waterfalls

If I weren't in Tourism and you told me you were coming to Mindanao just to see the Maria Cristina Falls in Iligan City, I would have said, "Are you crazy?  You'll spend almost P10,000 in airfare, hotel and transportation just to gape at and take pictures of flowing water???  Then what?"

Even before, in the early stages of our foundling career, I was reluctant to offer tours of Iligan, simply because I didn't think the trip was worth all that money.  Then recently, last September 2009 to be exact, I was on a tour with some government employees from MWSS and they insisted on going to Iligan to see THE falls.  And this is what we arrived at:


It was the first time I'd seen her in all her glory... and I understood.  Unfortunately, we haven't been able to catch her like this since then because of the searing drought that began in February and is only letting up now.  In any case, if you want to try your chances, we recommend taking your trip on a Saturday at around 9:00ish (am), because that's when NAPOCOR opens both floodgates.

Of course, you will be needing private transportation to get there...  ;)

No comments: