Sunday, November 28, 2010

Refreshing Service in a Restaurant

I found a new wifi site! And they have great service (the kind I look for in a prospective tambayan)!

Today I have a meeting later at 3:00pm here in the city. In my confusion, I thought the meeting was at 1:30pm. So here I was, rushing from my morning meeting with my van association (which was right after mass) to ride a van to come to the city, just to learn that I was an hour and a half early.

Oh well, no worries.. I can have a late lunch and enjoy some wifi while waiting.

Our meeting is to be held at THAI ME UP Restaurant along Capistrano St., CDO City. I order the Beef Noodle Soup (cut down on rice again) and their bottomless Lemon Grass Iced Tea and I settle down to use the internet... BUT... I forgot to bring my plug adaptor! Arrrggghh!

I don't usually ask this of the restaurant I surf in but I asked (if they have) to borrow their adaptor. I didn't expect them to have one, but lo and behold! They did! It took a few minutes and the waiter kept asking what kind of adaptor I needed, but they were able to find one. Now that's what I call service! Plus, the food arrived just minutes before the item was brought to me, so I am now enjoying this simple meal of soup and surf. (Btw, the soup is delicious, with tender beef slices and an abundance of bokchoy and mongo sprouts mixed in with white rice noodles. The iced tea is chilled with just a mild flavor of lemon grass. Healthy!)

Try it! (the food, I mean... Bring your own adaptor. =))

No comments: