Monday, June 21, 2010

Misamis Oriental: Images of Repetition

What can one see in Misamis Oriental?  A river, a coastline, a cave... Same old, same old, right?  Wrong! 

It was only when I came into the business of tourism that I began to appreciate my surroundings.  Biro mo, I had already been traveling during my elementary school years because my dad enjoyed bringing us around but I never really took the time to see the views.  Today I travel to Cagayan de Oro almost every other day.  I ride a van, bus or jeepney over the same route each time.  Any other person would find that boring.  I know many commuters think so, which is why they drop off to sleep the moment the vehicle leaves the terminal.  But me, no.  I try to make it a point to see something new each time.

Jagged coastline of Eastern Misamis Oriental

New Balete tree growing inside a dead one in Initao

 Cagayan River during the drought (outside Makahambus Cave)

Mansion off in the distance (the owner bought the whole hill)

And being an Accredited Tour Guide of DOT-X (yes, it's true!), I know that each picture has a story behind it, even if it's only a one-liner.

So what will you do?  Will you take your God-given sight for granted?  Or will you enjoy the wonders that He has painted and be grateful that our world is still green, blue and fresh?

Life is too short.  Open your eyes and take it all in!

No comments: